Makeup Tips for Eyes, Lips and Face
When I hit my 30's, I decided to get more serious about skin care and makeup. I've become a regular at Department Store 'Bonus Days', when you buy an item and get a bunch of samples for free! Cosmetics and makeup can be fun, easy and inexpensive if you follow these tips!
1. For great looking eyes make sure to use powder shadows for a natural look and a eyeliner pencil for drama at night. Make sure the liner has a smudge tip at one end to get that smoky eye look. Only line the top of the eye is you're looking tired. You don't want to bring more attention to dark circles under the eyes. Neutral tones with a hint of color are flattering on everybody.
2. For sheen on the eyelids, dab a bit of Vaseline for a pretty reflective quality, as well as moisture.
3. Open up the eye with a gold/beige shimmery high lighter onto the brow bone.
4. Don't throw away cash on an expensive eye makeup remover! Find a pretty glass bottle and fill it with baby shampoo.
5. If your cream eye shadow dries out, use a few drops of water or mineral oil to soften it up again.
5. Potatoes, like cucumbers, will reduce the appearance of dark, under-eye circles.
1. Use blush as a lipstick, then use clear gloss or lip balm over it. Longer staying power.
2. Natural ingredients have been used for centuries as makeup: apply beet juice to lips and cheeks as a stain,or mix it with melted bees wax to make your own lip balm! Cayenne pepper can plump the lips, but use with caution!
3. Use eye makeup remover to treat super dry, chapped lips. It's a great nighttime lip treatment!
1. For a longer lasting foundation try a product with silicone. The silicone creates a sweat-proof and smudge resistant second skin. For me, I find it helps with my rosacea because the live yeast extract has healing powers.
2. A powder bronzer under blush can really even out skin tone. I dab my brush in the bronzer, then into the blush and lightly cover my whole face.
3. For a new bronzer, use a foundation that is two to three shades darker than your skin tone and apply where you would use your bronzer. In a pinch you could use a brown eye shadow.
4. Papaya mixed with plain yogurt into a paste makes a great exfoliating mask for all skin types!
5. Use an egg white mask for a quick fix for diminishing the appearance of pores.
Jane Arnold is a freelance writer and part-time beauty buff. You can get more health and beauty tips at her website at: http://www.girlyside.com/girlyside.html The website is a girl's guide to health, beauty, love and leisure. Sign up for the free newsletter at http://www.girlyside.com/newsletter.html
Warning: fopen(http://news.google.com/news?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGLG,GGLG:2005-22,GGLG:en&q=Beauty&output=rss) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Network is unreachable in /srv/disk1/andresstaff/www/belleza.awardspace.co.uk/inc/rss.inc on line 81
could not open XML input